SINGLETRACK 301 is a program for the dedicated mountain biker seeking to become a more advanced rider. Learning and mastering these skills will allow you to confidently ride black diamond level terrain with confidence, and tackle just about everything in the Rochester area. If you have the drive to become a technically skilled rider then this is the class for you. All skills are taught through careful progression with an emphasis on safety. This program is taught at Dryer Road Park.
Youth Class (ages 11 - 15): Wednesdays July 12 - Aug. 16, 6 - 8pm | Register
Am I Ready For SINGLETRACK 301?
- Have a quality mountain bike (brand name bought from a bike shop).
- Have a properly fitted helmet.
- Gloves, knee and elbow pads (soft shell is fine from brands like 661, G-Form, TLD)
- Have good flat pedals with pins- they are required for learning some skills in this program.
- Have a backpack with hydration system and a multitool.
- Have at least 3 years riding experience.
- Are in good physical shape (ride multiple times a week).
- Completed SINGLETRACK 201, or can demonstrate skills outlined in SINGLETRACK 201.
Singletrack 301 will teach:
- Advanced Climbing & Steep Descending (Reviewed and progressed from Singletrack 201)
- Level Lifts (Reviewed and progressed from Singletrack 201)
- Off Camber Sections
- Manual Wheel Lifts
- Drops (less than 3 feet)
- Skinnies / log rides (Reviewed and progressed from Singletrack 201)
- Bunny Hops
- Rock gardens
- Trail etiquette and advocacy
- Health and fitness
- Bike Set-up (derailleur & suspension tuning)